runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests=”true” was something I added to all my web.config files for ASP.NET MVC when I wanted to run the web app in deployment on my Windows Server 2008 box.
I wanted to have Glimpse configured for the project though, and as this needed the ability to add (another) module in web.config, I decided to figure out why runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests was needed in the first place, understand a bit more about it, and then hopefully fix it properly as it always seemed a bit of a hack.
Thankfully there is some good advice here:
And a hotfix from Microsoft so you do not need to do any hacking with web.config:
Turns out applying the above fix might cause some issues if you then have a . in a url slug, eg /blog/guide-to-hotels-at-hotels.com
The .com part causes an issue.
The below link to a stackoverflow answer shows how to add a httphandler that solves this problem…